Wednesday, October 26, 2011

We're almost off!

Okay, Pat, Joyce and I are here at the Adams Inn not far from Logan Airport with a 3 a.m. wakeup call for a 4 a.m. shuttle to the airport. Our flight leaves at 7 with a couple of hour layover in Chicago and then the 14.5 hr flight to Shanghai!! so exciting!! Kerry treated me to a relaxing deluxe pedicure at 4 and then we picked up Jackson and Sarah from daycare and went to dinner! Fun! We then got them in their jammies and she drove me to the Inn here in N. Quincy. She came in and met Pat and Joyce and took some pictures which I will try to post. This blogging is new for me and I'm hoping it will be fairly simple. We'll see!
We all have just carry-ons - big backpack and a rolling suitcase. Hopefully we won't have to check anything. I found my Chinese money (about $47) so we'll have enough for the taxi ride into downtown when we arrive, if we can't find an easy place to change money right away. We'll be too exhausted, I think, to try public transport right away.
I think we all 4 are really flexible and I think this will work out well! Joyce did some tai chi/qi gong instruction for us to use on the plane during the long flight so we practiced outside the elevator! People wanted to join us as they were coming in and out! Very funny! I'm sure we'll get looks on the plane as we try to do this in the back! It's better than Pat's idea of us tapdancing down the aisle for exercise! That would be a picture! We'd end up in a looney bin!!
Think good thoughts as we fly 1/2 way around the world tomorrow!
Zai jian! (good-bye or see you later!)
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Will be following your trip. Should be interesting. Love, Judy

    ReplyDelete