Tuesday, April 29, 2014

APRIL 29 PACKED UP AND READY TO GO

 
I had a lazy morning here packing everything up, stripping bed, etc. and having a lovely breakfast sandwich I got from a local cheese shop - roast beef, Amsterdam cheese (I bought a hunk to take to the sisters in Paris where I'm staying - hope they eat cheese!), tomatos and lettuce. The roll was hot out of the bakery oven!!! And fresh squeezed orange juice!! I skipped the breakfast here and had this luxury!! I'll splurge on SOME things!!


 

 



Anyway I can store my luggage here until around 8 p.m. and then I'll train back (had this brilliant idea a minute ago instead of cramming it into a locker at the train station, near the bus station). The train leaves at 10 but of course I'll be there around 9, just to be sure!!


There are a couple of things to do this afternoon but nothing crucial. Got Jackson a white and also an orange football/soccer shirt!! Guessing at the size but he'll only wear it a couple of times!! I think I'll make a quilt out of all of these soccer shirts when they outgrow them - it'll be very colorful!! And remind me of my travels!!! Got them each a key chain with little dutch wooden shoes - of course, pink and blue!! Don't have room for much!


This traveling was a lot easier when my feet and knee didn't hurt!! But I take lots of rests!! I can always hop on a canal boat and ride around! No regrets!! It was a wonderful week here!! Sisters are expecting me in Paris. Hope one of them speaks some English. The one that does sent me an email today with directions but she's traveling in Spain so will meet her in Barcelona. Also heard from Cecilia, the mother of monk that I stayed with a few years ago in Ibiza. I'll see her in BCN as well. I guess she's traveling with the group, although her son Michael left the monastery but I guess not the monkhood! (he didn't turn in his robes but is living in UK). I'll get that story I'm sure later! I'll probably eat meals elsewhere - don't think I can do 3 weeks (counting time with Doug) of veggies! Especially not in Paris!! Haven't heard from Anna from Rome who said she might try to meet me in Paris. But have a full itinerary planned on my own!


Did I tell you I sat next to a lovely young Turkish woman from Istanbul on the plane there who was visiting her best friend in Long Island. She wants to meet up when I get back there, maybe with her mom who is around my age. Hande is her name. That will be fun! So many friendly interesting people!



Love you guys! K, miss talking to you every day and miss hugging the kids!!


Love,
Mom/Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment