Thursday, August 16, 2012

At Logan ready to go

Okay, so the test worked and this blog is ready to go. I'm traveling with my own laptop for the first time. Most places I'll be are wi-fied so should work. And it's an older computer and not at all flashy. So don't think anyone will be interested in swiping it! Swiper! No swiping!! for those of you Dora the Explorer fans (or have grandkids who are!!! :)
Had a fun evening with Jackson and Sarah, picking them up at daycare. Love when they spot me and come running to door yelling, "Nana!!!!"  It's so ego-building!! We went to "the Red Door", Eaglebrook, their favorite eat out place. I had brought a new Dora and Superheroes coloring and sticker book so they proceeded to put the stickers all over the placemat or up his arm!!
At home we had a bath and then built the new 24 piece floor puzzle of trucks!! in Sarah's room! Jackson is a whiz!! and they worked well together on it (Sarah needs a b it of help!) He then did it again 4 times by himself. Ready to graduate to the 48 piece ones, I think.
They went off to school, I repacked to get everything in (would only have carryon, except Doug wanted a big bottle of Dr. Bronner's shampoo/body wash that Kerry got him at Whole Foods so had to check the bottom of my backpack).
I fly to Amsterdam and then on to Dusseldorf, arriving about 7:30 a.m.  Doug will pick me up there. I think it's the last day of the Dutch retreat so we'll have a couple of days before the German retreat starts on Sunday, I think. I'm hoping to borrow a bike to head into town a bit and do some sight-seeing during the retreat. Want to practice my German. Haven't been there since I was in Munich with the kids in '96 I think it was. Hope the weather is cool!
I'll try to take a picture (or get someone to do it) when I arrive and post some pictures. Not like in China where I couldn't see my own blog, couldn't post. Had to e-mail everything to Michelle who posted it for me. More from Germany tomorrow! Auf Wiedersehen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment