Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Monday, May 12th



Today I got a phone call in my room. I almost didn't know what was ringing! Doug was calling to tell me two sangha members were coming over with all the luggage for the monastics who were staying this week and would I store it in my room until they arrived. I cleaned up my room to make space and then rushed down to grab some breakfast. By the time I got to the lobby they had already been given a spare empty room on the first, or rather 0 floor to store everything. So I just hung around reading, writing, etc. until they arrived at around 3:30.

They had a big planning meeting and the course started at 6 pm. So Eon gave me a ride over which was nice. It's being held in a large hall on campus here. Some of the others are doing more of the facilitating so Doug gets a break. I'm not on any official list so he told me to go with Phap Lindh's group. Except that it was in Spanish but Anja moved between Daisy, a young Vietnamese woman, and I so she could translate. It was a lot of work for Anja so we will move to Sr. peace and Valerie's English for the rest of the week. We went around the group sharing some joy over frustration from the weekend retreat. I shared my joy that, after ten years of attending various retreats and talks, for the first time because of those headphone units they rented, I could HEAR every word Thay said. And my frustration was not being able to hear ANYTHING the Sr.facilitator in my Gardenia group said because she talked almost in a whisper!


May 12 opening meeting
We all did a group hug (all the monastics and facilitators) outside after the first session was over, and then walked back at 0:30 in the moonlight. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment