Friday, February 3, 2017

FEBRUARY 3, FULL DAY IN SINGAPORE

Today Madame Neo walked us to the MRT station a couple of blocks away and helped us add to our train cards, and get some money at a bank. Then she waited with us for the free shuttle to IKEA. Jackie had mentioned this as a good place to eat! Betty was familiar but I had never eaten there! She rode with us and we got off. As we started through the cafeteria line, Madame Neo showed up!! I had dropped my ATM card (when I pulled my camera out on the bus!) and she brought it to me!! Whoops!! What a sweetheart!!

Our meal was great - a fresh salad, a bowl of lox I put on top (those Swedes!), lemon bubbly water (as S and J call it! - unlimited refiles! Delicious!) some garlic bread and two spring rolls!! Compared to the AWFUL hamburger and fries last night at a mall McDonald's that I left half uneaten! It was gourmet!! And mobbed!! People were PILING their trays with food! And a bargain price!! We rode the shuttle back and came to our ACed room for a rest before heading downtown around 4.

We headed for the Asian Civilisation Museum along the River. Beautifully done museum! Chinese, Malay, Burmese, and other culture artifacts. We spent a couple of hours there and then stopped at the bakery there for a snack - delicious carrot cake for me! It started to pour outside! Betty had seen some guys getting dressed for a performance! Turns out a colorful lion dance was in the lobby! Followed by 7 beautiful and graceful Indian women doing dance to Maya Angelou's And Still I Rise UP! poem! Beautifully done! Then three other Indian women did another performance. And the last was two guys with green makeup like Peking Opera doing a very repetitive boring skit!!
 Lovely Indian ladies dancing!
Fullerton hotel decorated for New Year - from colonial times.

Two guys doing Chinese Peking opera skit.


Lion Dance

Chinese actor


And Still I Rise!


Headed back

No comments:

Post a Comment